As CCA looks towards the future it faces many strategic questions:
How can CCA create public awareness about archives and their holdings?
How does CCA achieve recognition as the national representative for the archival community?
How can CCA be seen as the key provider of innovative and high quality Programmes for the archival community?
How can CCA increase funding to it Programmes?
How can CCA strengthen its partnerships with the public and private sectors?
How can CCA ensure on-going financial viability and ultimate self-sufficiency?
In answer to these questions, CCA has adopted the following strategies:
- Improve the overall visibility of the Canadian archival system.
- Improve CCA's corporate branding as the national representative for the archival community.
- Position CCA as the key support provider of innovative and high quality Programmes for the archival community.
- Deliver an innovative and customized mix of messages to the general public in order to introduce archives and promote archival holdings.
- Engage the membership in activities to support access to increased funding to the archival community.
- Build relationships with current and potential funding sources, both public and private sector.
- Strengthen current partnerships and explore new projects designed to enhance the visibility and support for the Canadian archival system.
- Enhance internal communication systems.